- @dandersod like to give choice and don't want to trip anyone up - want them to be calm and as confident as possible. 1 hour ago
- @dandersod I give two options for a lesson or a choice to teach a lesson outside of the "standard" syllabus. Same time as normal class. 1 hour ago
- @Kris_Boulton Does it mention anything about the means of testing? Is acheivement data taken from tests? (Knowledge based tests?) 2 days ago
- RT @TruBeautyOfMath: Teaching math without its history, philosophy, or artistry is like teaching music without its melody, harmony, or rhyt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @newscientist: Earth-sized telescope set to snap first picture of a black hole newscienti.st/2odbeEW https://t.co/pBkhbM5CzW 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: 3 Acts
On Monday, a colleague of mine found an interesting problem (I don’t know where) and brought it over to me to take a look at. It was presented in the textbook in one of those “fake-real world type scenarios” so I thought … Continue reading
If you had to pick the most frustrating part of your Secondary School Maths education, what would it be? For me, it is hands down the trigonometric ratios. You can probably guess how it was taught. The teacher simple wrote SOH CAH TOA on the board, gave … Continue reading
ACT 1 – Any Questions?
This applet aids investigation of Dan Meyer’s Scrambler Problem. Click on the picture to go to the applet.
I really should have waited to do this until after Movember (mustache month for charity), but felt like getting stuck in. Act 1 – Any Questions?
ACT 1 – Any questions? (Uploaded onto 101questions)