- RT @centerofmath: This #WednesdayWisdom comes from the brilliant Sofia Kovalevskaya! https://t.co/PVM3TRGryf 1 week ago
- RT @MrBenWard: "Validity is the thing we should be focusing on... is Ofsted measuring what we think we're measuring?" @amanda_spielman in @… 2 weeks ago
- @teachmaths Hi Jim, would you mind sharing the results with me? 2 weeks ago
- RT @DSPonFPGA: @pickover "The first rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is, you do not know you’re in Dunning-Kruger Club." 3 weeks ago
- @natjone93 I know it's only a start, but could offer to lead a session to model good practice? Then try to inspire a colleague to do same. 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: 3 Acts
On Monday, a colleague of mine found an interesting problem (I don’t know where) and brought it over to me to take a look at. It was presented in the textbook in one of those “fake-real world type scenarios” so I thought … Continue reading
If you had to pick the most frustrating part of your Secondary School Maths education, what would it be? For me, it is hands down the trigonometric ratios. You can probably guess how it was taught. The teacher simple wrote SOH CAH TOA on the board, gave … Continue reading
ACT 1 – Any Questions?
This applet aids investigation of Dan Meyer’s Scrambler Problem. Click on the picture to go to the applet.
I really should have waited to do this until after Movember (mustache month for charity), but felt like getting stuck in. Act 1 – Any Questions?
ACT 1 – Any questions? (Uploaded onto 101questions)